Thursday, September 16, 2010

phone call!

On Monday the 13th I got a phone call from Joel!! After 5 weeks man it was so nice hearing his voice! At first I didn't recognize his voice, he was on a pay phone so everything was scratchy and hard to hear. We got to talk for about 5 minutes, he is doing so good still loving every minute of it! I told him I booked a flight to come see him in October he was so excited, then I told him Jeffrey was coming he was beyond words excited ... so happy that Im bringing him also! Those 5 minutes went by so quick but they are just what I needed to get through these next couple of weeks!

I have received a few more letters....
They are on week 6 only a few more too go
They had to qualify to move to the next phase.. on September 11th they went to the shooting range and Joel shot EXPERT! Yeah go Joel! Which mean he gets a special coin at graduation and gets to shake the Battalion Commanders hand which is a huge honor.

Joel talked a lot about missing everything back home like some good food from Famous Dave's haha, he said its weird not knowing what is going on in the world from news to the latest a new music.
He loves being a leader for his guys, he continues to enjoy his role as infantry. There is a lot of talk of deployment ranging from Afgan to the Arizona border. Only time will tell, only a few more weeks till Jeffrey and I get to go see him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment