Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11/10

I am Proud to be a AMERICAN!
I love this country!
I am so proud of my hubby for serving our country!
I am so thankful for all the soldiers out there serving our country is so many ways!
Today we remember 9/11....
I will never forgot where I was, how scared I felt and those images on the t.v. that were being played over and over again.
I just remember how much everyone came together "United We Stand" was said over and over again
I am so thankful for my freedom!

It has been 5 weeks since I have talked to Joel :(
I miss him a lot
I'm having such a hard time trying to "keep" up with everything... bills, yard work, Jeffrey, laundry etc...
I have a new appreciation for single moms out there!
However I booked my flight to see him next month, I know it will be here before I know it!!!

As for Joel I keep receiving letters, he is doing very well! On day 28 is was officially in "white phase" = more shower time and hopefully a phone call soon! They spent all day at the range today, Joel hit all 90 rounds on target. Yesterday they had hand to hand combat all day, that night they didn't see the Drill Sgt walk into the room and He got mad! Drill Sgt. made them do 600 overhead arm claps! Man 600 of anything sounds painful to me!

Day 29: Joel made Squad leader!!! He was picked by his platoon! So now they get to sing when the march and they get to march with out the Drill Sgt. He is in charge of 13 guys, if they mess up Joel gets in trouble. If any guys have any problems they go to Joel first, then he talks the Platoon leader etc... He is so excited to show all his leadership skills to all his buddies!

Sounds like he is doing great, and still loving every moment of it!
I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks!!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow,ashley..I admire you so much for being so strong and taking on so much for your little family! You are a great wife and mommy! :) God never gives us more than we can handle! I will keep you,Joel and Jeffrey in my prayers!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete