Saturday, July 31, 2010

The sound of your voice


I never realized how much I would miss hearing Joel's voice until I got a phone call today!!! At first I got a text that woke me up from a nap and was shock and excited! Joel is still in processing their company got delayed another week so they won't ship out till next friday. He said all they do all day is sit and wait and wait some more with very limited talking to each other. A lot of the time the guys will continue to talk which gets every one in trouble which cause fights in the company. He said the food is awesome though ribs, hamburgers, mac n cheese. As of right now they don't have a time limit of how fast they have to eat however when they arrive for basic they will have to eat fast!
He said everything is going very well most of the guys are young and very stressed out but Joel is helping them stay focus and calmly their nerves!
The Temperature is about 110 with 90% humidity which sounds so awful to me.
As for now they have another whole week of sitting and waiting which delays his return date to the second week of November crazy! After they arrive on friday thats when the madness will begin (hopefully there are no more further delays)

As for me I was having a hard day today its Saturday and thats when Joel is usually off and we hang out or clean house together. I really didn't have much motivation to clean house or get laundry done I am still not sleeping very well still trying to adjust to the every day routine. I was starting to get sad an lonely because I had no idea how Joel was doing or haven't heard from in a week and wasn't sure when the next time I would hear from him. So when I got his text/phone call I was beyond excited it really boosted me up and brought my spirits up!

Every time I get to hear his voice it brings a smile to my face knowing that he is ok!

Did you know that only 1% of country serves in our Military! Crazy huh?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck and I am prowed of you very much stay strong .Remember what doesn't Kill us only makes us stonger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley...thanks so much for keeping us all informed, we really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete